To all our valued clients and pets,
The COVID-19 pandemic is a serious issue and we are addressing it with the necessary precautions to do our part in preventing its spread. COVID-19 is a novel virus. There is much that is unknown and therefore it is NOT just like the flu. We are not panicking, we are being responsible. COVID-19 is much more contagious that other viruses and can live on surfaces for up to 15 hours. While many who contract the virus will recover, it is our entire community’s responsibility to do our part to protect everyone.
In an effort to keep our YDPH family healthy – both employees and clients, please read our policies to address preventing the spread of the COVID-19 novel virus pandemic.
Please do not visit our hospital if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness OR HAVE A TRAVEL HISTORY OUTSIDE CANADA WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS. We want to continue to provide excellent care for your precious pets, and in order to do so, we need to stay healthy. We work very closely with each other and your pets. Illnesses can spread easily in this environment. Pets can be contaminated with virus particles and serve as a fomite (essentially a contaminated surface) in the spread.
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SERVE ANY PETS WHOSE HUMAN FAMILY IS ILL OR HAS BEEN AROUND THOSE WHO ARE ILL. WE ARE REFERRING THESE FAMILIES TO THE CLOSEST EMERGENCY CLINIC WHERE THEY CAN PROPERLY PROTECT EVERYONE INVOLVED. Please check wth each clinic’s policies as they may differ from ours.
BEFORE you come to the clinic. You will be asked to fill in admission/consent form(s) IT IS AVAILABLE BELOW
THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND MUST BE FILLED ENTIRELY IN ORDER TO BE SEEN. IT MUST BE EMAILED OR FAXED (416-962-9632) BEFORE THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
- Our front door will remain LOCKED and only opened by staff once a discussion is had over the phone.
- When you arrive, PLEASE DO NOT KNOCK ON OUR WINDOW OR DOOR. PLEASE CALL us at 416-962-2883 so a staff member can advise you of the next steps. Be patient as lines may be busy due to higher call volumes.
- For FOOD AND/OR MEDICATION PICK-UP: we will invoice you over the phone and charges will be billed via credit card only (no cash or debit). Once transaction approved, medication or food will be brought to you OUTSIDE the clinic. Please stay back 2 meters until the door is closed again after which you may pick up the supplies.
- For ALL APPOINTMENTS: pets will be admitted to the hospital one at a time. Owners do not enter the building.
- AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS: Please note that if an animal is aggressive, we may not be able to see them and may request you take them to the closest emergency clinic where they can be treated. Sedation may not be optional for some pets and we will deny entry if you are not comfortable with the possibility that your pet may need to be sedated.
- Surgeries: Surgery Consent Forms will be emailed the night before and must be returned signed by the next morning’s drop off. You MUST MAKE ALL decisions about optional items such as pre-anesthesia blood work or microchipping by phone with the admitting technician after you have dropped off your pet.
- Our veterinarians will examine ALL pets UPSTAIRS (away from owner) and will call owners with treatment plans so have phones on standby at all times.
- Once owner authorizes, vet administers treatment and puts invoice through.
- All invoices paid before returning to the clinic to collect pets. WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AND INTERAC E-TRANSFERS (NO CASH or DEBIT)
- Surgery discharge instructions will be done over the phone and all pets will have a written set of instructions to go home with their pet.
If you are not comfortable with the above policies and protocols, call or e-mail us to cancel or reschedule your upcoming appointments.