YONGE-DAVENPORT PET HOSPITAL COVID POLICIES – PLEASE REVIEW:
The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us in so many ways over the last 2 years.
We have some good news to share. As of MONDAY APRIL 4th, 2022, we are re-opening our doors!
In an effort to keep our healthcare team and pet owners as safe as possible, we are implementing and enforcing the following protocols, as we implement our re-opening plan:
- Online consent forms will still be required to be completed PRIOR to your appointment in order to facilitate a faster and more efficient check-in with our reception team, while minimizing client volume in our reception area.
- Masks will be required to enter the building and ARE NOT OPTIONAL. Curbside service is still available to those who are unable to wear a mask.
- Only one person can accompany their pet(s) for their appointment(s).
- In an effort to space out and maintain a social distance within the front reception area, there will be a maximum occupancy of 6 people (excluding staff). We also request that you you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes for your scheduled appointment. We appreciate your patience and understanding should you have to wait outside for a brief time as a result.
- When you arrive, please come in and check in with our reception team!
Please do not visit our hospital if:
- You are experiencing ANY symptoms of illness, particularly those COVID-like in nature. This includes, but not limited to: new or worsening cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fever or chills; fatigue or weakness; muscle or body aches; new loss of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting); generally feeling unwell.
- You have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
We want to continue to provide excellent care for your precious pets, and in order to do so, we need to stay healthy. We work very closely with each other and your pets. Illnesses can spread easily in this environment. Pets can be contaminated with virus particles and serve as a fomite (essentially a contaminated surface) in the spread. If you are not comfortable with the above policies and protocols, call or e-mail us to cancel or reschedule your upcoming appointment.
If your pet is scheduled for a General Appointment, please CLICK HERE
General Appointments include annual examinations (with or without vaccinations), appointments that address a medical concern or illness, rechecks/follow-up appointments, and/or pre-surgical appointments)
If your pet is scheduled for a Technician Appointment, please CLICK HERE
Please be advised that your pet will be seeing a technician for their appointment and will NOT be examined by a veterinarian. Technician appointments include, but are not limited to: nail trims, anal gland expressions, follow-up bloodwork, and/or surgical site rechecks.
If your pet is scheduled for ONLY a 4DX Heartworm/Tick Test, please CLICK HERE
This test checks for the presence of the heartworm parasite, as well as various tick-borne diseases including Lyme Disease.
If your pet is scheduled for BOTH a General Appointment AND a 4DX/Heartworm Test, please CLICK HERE
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SERVE ANY PETS WHOSE HUMAN FAMILY IS ILL OR HAS BEEN AROUND THOSE WHO ARE ILL. WE ARE REFERRING THESE FAMILIES TO THE CLOSEST EMERGENCY CLINIC WHERE THEY CAN PROPERLY PROTECT EVERYONE INVOLVED. Please check with each clinic’s policies as they may differ from ours.